Me and some of my clothes!
Raija and I

My friend Raija told me that she would help me wash my clothes, since I have never actually hand washed before. I called her to let her know I was ready and we were going to meet. After I loaded up all of my clothes and was ready to go she called and said that she would be getting her permanent room and it would be about 10 minutes. Over a half an hour went by and I decided to start myself and see how things went.
I do not blame this on Raija at all. When she finally showed up she said that she STILL hadn’t gotten a room change. This has been happening all week, people are told they will move, and then they don’t many times. It is a huge mess. Right now I am waiting to move with nothing to do because everything is packed up to go!
Anyways when she showed up she told me I was doing it wrong. Apparently brining detergent from home wasn’t a good idea. The kind here is made for hand washing, so it works much better. Raija went to get hers to let me borrow it. She pretty much washed the rest of my clothes for me; I helped with a few things and did most of the rinsing and hanging. It really was pretty hard to do this and I didn’t even do most of the work! It was pretty crazy. I am so glad she showed me how though; the clothes I washed first probably aren’t really that clean.
I am definitely nervous about them hanging outside though, especially my expensive clothes. The problem is they are way too wet to hang inside…but maybe that will keep people away!
I do not blame this on Raija at all. When she finally showed up she said that she STILL hadn’t gotten a room change. This has been happening all week, people are told they will move, and then they don’t many times. It is a huge mess. Right now I am waiting to move with nothing to do because everything is packed up to go!
Anyways when she showed up she told me I was doing it wrong. Apparently brining detergent from home wasn’t a good idea. The kind here is made for hand washing, so it works much better. Raija went to get hers to let me borrow it. She pretty much washed the rest of my clothes for me; I helped with a few things and did most of the rinsing and hanging. It really was pretty hard to do this and I didn’t even do most of the work! It was pretty crazy. I am so glad she showed me how though; the clothes I washed first probably aren’t really that clean.
I am definitely nervous about them hanging outside though, especially my expensive clothes. The problem is they are way too wet to hang inside…but maybe that will keep people away!
No comments:
Post a Comment