Being in orientation groups has helped the transition go much more smoothly. There are still a few obstacles when making friends but for the most part these groups helped. I live in an upper class, semi-expensive dorm, well the most expensive they have. This puts me away from most everyone else here at the moment. Right now it is all freshman, except for orientation leaders.
My group was prominently girls and I would say I could consider most of them “facebook friend” quality. There are a few girls however that I am feeling may be more than that. Ann and Raija have been hanging out with me a lot, or vice versa, and we get a long pretty well. They remind me of friends back home, talking about boys or hair, and just being silly! I am curious to see how this lasts once classes start. I will be taking mostly 2nd year classes while Ann is in pre-university and Raija is in her 1st year.
I have also taken liking to the other American international students. I am sure this isn’t a shock to anyone. We all have a lot in common compared to the Kenyans. I am glad that we all share this bond, but am hoping that we can soon start spending more time apart and feeling more comfortable with other students. I think Monica and Lora have already found this pretty easy to do, and slowly I am becoming more comfortable with it as well.
Last night I hung out with Ann, Raija, and Felice without any of the other international students. I had a good time and really enjoyed it. They are very easy to get along with and can make me laugh a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment