Thursday, August 20, 2009

And the classes begin...?

I was supposed to have my first class on Tuesday. Tuesdays and Thursdays begin with breakfast, then mandatory chapel, and then, if you have class, class. Chapel got out late so I went straight to class. I put my stuff down; no one was there so I went to use the bathroom. When I got back there still wasn’t anyone there. I checked the class number and room number several times and finally one girl showed up. However, that was the extent of that.
After waiting about 15 minutes we were about ready to leave when the lecturer came in. She of course decided it would be pointless to start with that few of students so class was cancelled. I was told this is the case of most upper level classes the first week of school.
Today I had class at 12:30; I was trying to do something and made it to the room just on time. Pretty much the same thing happened except there was someone’s stuff in there first and I didn’t use the bathroom. When the professor came in she prayed for us and the class. She also gave us a brief history of Daystar, but was really just passing the time.
I have been waiting for classes, which is very unlike me, because I am bored. There really isn’t much to do here when there aren’t any classes. There are a few things I need to accomplish, dropping a class, getting my insurance cleared, but the lines for these are so long that I feel it is simply better to wait. I have even tried but then run into problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment