Not much has happened since the weekend. I have gone to class and worked on some assignments…THANKFULLY! I find it hard to get myself to do class work because I would much rather talk with people from home or organize all of my photos or hang out with friends!
I spent one night, I believe it was Sunday watching a movie with my girl friends which was fun, another night I hung out with some of my guy friends and watched a new episode of family guy which was also fun and made me feel at home! Apart from that and talking with people from home I have been actually reading, gathering information, writing papers, or sitting in class.
I had received an e-mail saying that I should begin jogging and exercising before I climb Mt. Kenya…which is coming up in two weeks! I have been doing this but my roommate who is going to climb with me hasn’t. I had been thinking about asking her if she would start exercising because it would be difficult and then the e-mail came which thankfully made it much less awkward for me to ask! When I told her what she said she said she would begin and we went jogging together this morning! Hopefully we maintain the exercise, I am leaving early tomorrow morning so won’t be going but I am hoping she gets the motivation to do something! Gladwell, my roommate, told me that she hasn’t exercised since primary school! That is up to grade 8 here but still was very shocking because it doesn’t look like she hasn’t! I am hoping all goes well climbing the mountain with only two weeks of preparation; it should be fun even if we don’t make the top though!
One of the greatest things this week was receiving a birthday card from home. My dad’s side of the family (almost) all signed it and my aunt Nancy sent it over. It was great to know that they were thinking of me and to see it! I showed my roommate and asked her if they make cards like that here because it was a hand stamped and put together card. She said not really but she loved it and thought it was so cute!
Well, I am going to be getting back to my homework now. I hope life is going great for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment