Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ok so the classes begin...oh and my other thoughts!

I woke up Monday morning ready for classes, granted I was tired from my long weekend. I was so ready to finally get that routine I have been talking about and have stuff to do! Both classes went pretty well, classes here last three hours at a time once a week. I sat for about six hours and took quite a few notes. I got one “major” homework assignment, to read an article and type up a one page summary (list form) of it.

I decided I would go to the library right after class to do some studying, and e-mail checking. Well surprise! Fire drill?! I got to the library about 3:40 and the lights were down and not many people were inside. I figured everyone must just be somewhere else. I came in, sat down and was urgently told they were closed! The speed of it all felt like there was a fire and I had just walked into it. Soon after I found out that because of the Kenyan Census everything would close at 3:45 and open again Wednesday.

Well there went my plans. I could still do homework and surf the net outside but there was nowhere to plug in my computer. My homework assignment required using the library and Tuesday was just one less class for me leaving me with even less homework to do.

I haven’t been doing too much these past few days. I will randomly hang out with friends or lay in my room, surf the net, or study. I am still very homesick and trying to get over it but finding it very difficult. I have begun to look at this as a time to start something I don’t really do at home. I have decided that I let God take me here and that now I just need to wait and find out what he has in store for me now. I know there must be something and I am feeling that all of this downtime in a place so different from what I am used may be the place I really get to know him.

Many people have their God story, the point in their lives where they just feel a strong connection and know that God is there with them. I have always been ashamed that I hadn’t had this yet. It isn’t like I tried to avoid it. I am a Christian and I do believe but it just doesn’t seem to be working that way for me yet. Maybe it is because I am stubborn and it takes a lot for something to really prove itself to me. It definitely isn’t God’s existence I need proven but that I would love to have my own God story.

So basically I am trying to start reading my Bible and praying for what I need most now because really I am not having the time of my life. I realize there are times on this trip where there will be a lot of down time and homework is just not going to cut my boredom. But there has to be something in store for me, if I don’t run into my God story here I won’t be disappointed, I have already made progress just accepting the fact that life here is different, and people are different, but he is here with me the same he was at home and nothing can change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment